Friday, November 13, 2009

Dreams

Every girl has a dream about "coming of age"-turning 18 and being seen as a woman. For me my journey has been rough, just as plenty of other girls. I have always pictured my life a certain way. Like living in Utah with my whole family, going to Sherman Kendall's Beauty school and owning my own salon. I never thought about the possibility of change in my life until October 31st 2009. After breaking up with my boyfriend of roughly a year I knew what I had to do. I was going to be selfish and indulge myself any way possible. The only people I should be pleasing are my family and God. "Forget about boys, boys are stupid!" The quote of my Halloween night. The person who said it was right! Why should I impress someone who won't even be in my life forever? I shouldn't! There is never ever a reason for you to lower your morals and standards for ANYONE. I'm learning how to put myself before others for a while. it's MY senior year MY year to decide what to do for the rest of MY life...okay for the next 10 years. I'm sticking to promises, plans and to the friends who have always been there for me. You can never go wrong with a good friend. you can't think "how does this person benefit me", you must think about how this person adds happiness, joy and clarity to your life. If you think about those 3 things before you become close to one person, you will never have to worry about betrayal. I made a promise to my old best friend my sophomore year. We promised to be best friends no matter what, we had a fallout but I didn't know who I was. I only knew who I was to one person. Girls-don't waste your time on someone who makes you confused about your life and who you are. Waste time on girlfriends who giggle and gossip till the night ends. Waste time on people who want to care for you. Who want to talk for hours on end about nothing. Be with people who make you laugh just out of happiness who will excite you for no other reason than to be living your lives together. Yesterday morning I went on a field trip with some great people from my sign language class. We finally go to go the Deaf school in Fremont. I love being in sign language and to have the opportunity to see and speak with people who are so amazing and grateful for life. It makes me strive to be at least half of who they are. I can't think about y life without my friends and my family. They help frame who I am today. I can say I'm a strong woman who won't waste time on charmers, but who will waste time on loving life and the people in it. I love my life and the only person I can truly thank is the man upstairs. I wouldn't even be here without his guidance and choice to put me here. I will always be thankful to him, life wouldn't exist without the gift of love and joy.

Lesson Learned: Be yourself, Be grateful, Be here, Exist.

1 comment: