Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Embracing Today

"Embrace today because we are never guaranteed tomorrow!"

Life can be full of unexpected happenings. College app deadlines randomly changing without notification, a loved one's death, a sudden heartbreak, a new friend who was once your enemy and a brand new chapter. I've decided to start over, as I previously said in my other entries, but I don't think I realized I would actually be starting fresh. I've never felt so free and so happy in my life, my cheeks hurt from smiling so much and I have a sore spot in my chest from laughing hard so much. I never though starting my new life would be this great. Unfortunately good things never last for long! Today wasn't my best day out of my past three weeks, but it was a great learning experience. Dealing with consequences is something I've always been able to do. But this time it was a consequence that wasn't really deserved. I tried incredibly hard to bite my tongue and stick it out but for some reason I just couldn't shut my mouth. Now that I'm out of such a "bite my tongue" relationship, I'm not holding back with anyone. Which creates a problem with my mom. I wasn't my happy self today, but I embraced every moment of my bad day. You can't always live looking back on the past, on what you should have done. You have to look forward and keep your head up right in order to fully understand what you're doing here. Grace and I rode the bus home together and we made a tiny observation of why we got off where we did. I decided to get off a little further back from our street so we can just walk straight ahead, while grace wanted to get off at the stop further ahead and walk backwards. I told her "we can't be moving backwards! we have to keep moving forward! NO DWELLING ON THE PAST!" she quickly laughed and said "Yeaaah I do dwell on the past" laughing in unison we got into an argument after Gracie tried to justify how we wouldn't really be moving backwards but making a shortcut. There's no such thing as a short cut in life. I can't talk my way out of this consequence, I can't justify why I was late. I can only accept what I've done, and deal with no car for two days. Instead of racking my brain on how I deserved this, what I did, and how it's never happened before won't get me anywhere. Accepting it and moving forward will get me a lot further than whining and complaining. I'm brushing it off with a smile, life is too short to relive the past. It's long enough to share smiles and laughs with the ones we love.

Lesson Learned: Deal with today, don't deal with the past it will only make you miserable. Live in the now, live life to the fullest laughing and smiling every opportunity you are handed, because you never know what's in store for you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment