Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Memorable 18

November 17th came too quickly! I'm official and I don't feel any different. Other than I have a blue fish, more saving money, and another year to look forward to. I never knew there was a meteor shower on my birthday, and luckily my good friend from ASL informed me. It was the most amazing experience in my life. I decided to catch the last bit of the shower around 4am-6am. I just happened to wake up at 3:45 and jump onto my roof with tons of blankets. I only waited about 2 minutes until the first meteor streaked through the morning sky. I got this weird irk in my stomach that my grandpa was celebrating my 18th birthday with me (since I didn't get to see him on my trip to Utah over the weekend). I got chokey and decided to stay up until I see at least 2 and if there are anymore then it's definitely both of my grandpa's celebrating my biggest year of my teenage life. I got the privilege to see 5 beautiful meteors before snoozing off on the roof . I woke up to see another big meteor before I jumped down to get some sleep in my cozy bed. Lately getting to sleep has been a little hard for me (my ex kind of forced me to see paranormal activity..don't see it if you're paranoid at night..and get frequent panic attacks) but this morning, around 6am I went to sleep feeling like I had my two angels surrounding me. I woke up on my own again and reflected on my past years. As I got to midnight last night I remembered my ex sent me a message via facebook wishing me a happy birthday, the only thing I could do was laugh about it. It's funny how some people think their important enough AFTER they proved to you they could care less about you, that you'll miss them or go gaga over a dumb message. I deleted the message and decided to forget about him and his dumb immature ego. I'm living my life without any regret and NO MORE BOYS. I cooked up a party at my house the following Saturday and I was so ecstatic to just let go and forget about everything bad in my life. Filter it all out and focus on the good future I've lied down for myself. I'm not going to lie, being single and starting over is possibly the best thing I've decided for myself. I had no persuasion from anyone to start over. You don't have to have a good day thrust upon you, you can always make a bad day get turned around just by simply jamming out to songs in your car...or calling an old friend. Or stealing a snuggle with your dog. I couldn't be where I am now without my family and my close friends. They are my gems and my solid rocks. They keep me grounded and without them starting over new would be a little bit harder than it is now. I guess the only thing you can do is to reflect on the happy memories, never regret anything and make a new lifestyle for yourself. There isn't anything more rewarding than being proud of the person you are. Be filled with self confidence yet be humble about how confident you are. It can only make you shine more if you let others discover your confidence on their own rather than rubbing it in their face. My point is, if my 18th birthday didn't start out with that meteor shower, I wouldn't have been as inspired to start over new. You are here for a reason, so make it worth the trip! :)

Lesson Learned: Look up to the sky and you'll find what you're looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment